View Single Post
Old
12-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Cromster

vCash: 500
I dunno man. I wouldn't get rid of Simmonds. When his wheels are turning he's usually the fastest guy on the ice. His speed can open things up for his linemates. Can he improve and be more responsible both with and without the puck? Sure, i don't think anyone would argue that. I think folks are too quick to holler trade this guy every time we lose a game. You don't trade guys that can play and fight. Let Berube work with him for a season.

As far as Hartnell goes, he simply isn't playing his game. He doesn't hafta be a sniper, a pretty passer, or a tough guy out there, but he needs to chirp and he needs to do it in front of the net. Last couple seasons that's where he was gold. This season, i don't see him running goalies, chirping at guys or being a nuisance and really that's his game. If he starts chirping and makes himself a permanent fixture in front of the opposing goalie every game, you will start seeing a marked improvement in the whole team's play.

We're not going to trade ourselves out of our current situation. Let Berube have a season, an off season and a full training camp with these guys. Forget about the playoffs this year and focus on development. I really think as a franchise we're going to turn the corner and get back to defensively responsible hard nosed hockey and that's Flyers hockey. All this cross ice, rickey tick bull **** you see going on isn't Flyers hockey. We've already seen improvements and not all the players have bought in yet. Give it time.

Cromster is offline   Reply With Quote