View Single Post
Old
12-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Zil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
The Yanks definetly overpaid BUT as a met fan i am envious that you guys have owners that actually give a damn. My team's owners gave Chris Young a 7 million dollar deal and called it a day for teh offseason. As this point unless the mets somehow pony up the dough for both granderson and choo and get arroyo this is gonna be ghost town at Citi in 2014
The Astros got Fowler from the Rockies for next to nothing. Why the **** weren't the Mets in on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Yeah, this is a bad contract. Like Ellsbury as a player but I think some of this money could have been used in other areas.

Another thing that concerns me is that Ellsbury and McCann have been injury-prone throughout their careers. Our lineup is already riddled with players who are susceptible to injury - Jeter, Gardner, Nunez and Tex have struggled to stay healthy in recent years. If they can't stay healthy, then they are no better off than they were last season.
The money's nuts but Ellsbury's two major injuries were both from car crash style accidents. Adrian Beltre ran into him full bore and a Rays player fell on top of his shoulder. If nobody collides with him, his health isn't awful.