View Single Post
Old
12-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Raspewtin
Early To The Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Spending over 10% of the cap (even if it goes to $80M in a couple years) on a goalie seems absurd to me. Love Hank, but he's not $1M better than Rask at this point. Complete speculation, but I think Hank and his agent played the "lack of contract is driving down his level of play" card and the Rangers caved.
Much like a really good center can hide mediocre wingers, a great goalie can hide defensive gaffes, and off nights for scoring. For $8.5 million I take that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
And not to derail the thread, but as much as I loathe Brodeur. The guy was the best if not one of the best for large portion of his prime and gave his team a nice discount which allowed them to stay competitive for a long time. Guess it was wishful thinking for thinking Lundqvist would do something similar. Just hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the rear when there is an offensive upgrade we could really use that becomes an option and we're too short to make a solid offer.
Marty had nothing to prove to the Devils. Already took them to 3 cups. If he wanted full value for his contract that would have been ludicrous.