View Single Post
Old
12-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Only an idiot would expect Smith to be like Stamkos or Crosby

I would be elated if Simth turned out to be an Erat or Dumont.

Problem it appears he is going to be a Fiddler at best minus the grit.

dont take it so personally, Im sure he's a nice guy, and he works hard, but hard work doesnt mean spit if you cant score, and I believ he is not going to be a top 6 forward in the NHL, unless there is expansion... then he can be some new teams version of Krivokrasov or Yahcmenev

(and ps this is the negativity thread we are supposed to be allowed to vent here)
This is pretty much right on, the front office coaching and the fans have put expectations on Smith, Wilson, and soon Watson that they can't fulfill. These three all have college in common as well. Now don't get me wrong I believe in a good education. But the NCAA hockey program for the most part does not prepare these guys to step in to the NHL. Now Wilson spent some time in the minors as has Watson but the leap so far has been too much for Wilson. Smith had mediocre college career and is way over his head now. Both Wilson and Smith have shown flashes of excellence but can not sustain any momentum.

Theres a interesting thread over the NHL talk section about which teams need a rebuild. Some of you have even posted there. But step back and read what others said about this tams offense. Pretty much all that are not Pred fans agree the offense should be blown up.

Due to the contracts in place this will be difficult. I hope we do not lose prospects lke Fanson to get rid of Lombarbi.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote