View Single Post
Old
12-04-2013, 02:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
So what is realistic for Wilson? To me, .5 ppg is not enough from him. I expected him to make the jump from that .4-.5ppg that was ok for a young power forward to that .65-.75 ppg
I dont get as wrapped up in points as I do goals... I know if he has assists that means someone is scoring but to me Wilson needs to be scoring at least 20 in a mediocre year and 25-30 in a good year.

As I said in the negativity thread we need guys who are going to replace the scoring of guys like Dumont Arnott Erat and Sullivan when they were in their prime.. that means at least 4 consistent 20 goal scorers with two that can crack 30 in a good year

The only player we have who is in that ballpark is Hornqvist and he is showing signs of wear as you might expect given the style of game he plays..

If thing had gone according to plan Wilson would be the next Arnott, Forsberg our new Sully, Smith our new Erat and Hornqvist is the goal scoring equivalent of Dumont(pre-concussion).

As it is we appear to have recreated Fiddler(Wilson), Upshall(Forsberg..ie injured), and Gamache(Smith, good at a lower level, not living up to potential up here)