View Single Post
12-04-2013, 03:49 PM
2313 Saint Catherine
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
I don't even have a horse in this race except the one named skepticism (and for good reason).

Shot quality is definitely a factor. Injuries are a factor. Goaltending performance is an obvious factor.

How long have people been chanting the regression was inevitable mantra for the Leafs? All of last season and up until 5 games ago when the Leafs go into a bad stretch with a depleted team and now it is time for the "I told you so".

You'll have to do better than predictions like that if you want people to take "advanced" stats seriously.

Is there a correlation between shot attempts and shots on goal and possession to winning? I'm sure there is.. is it an all determining factor? I'm sure it isn't.
Yes there is for sure.

Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Log yourself onto extra, and use their handy tool to sort the top 5 teams in fen wick for percentage. (FF%). Look at the top teams on the chart. Then mosie on over to, and look at the overall league standings. Notice anything there? Perhaps, some similarities?

Top 5 teams in FF% in all situations are all in the top 6 for points overall. Now that can't just be irony can it?

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote