View Single Post
Old
12-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfever View Post
Sorry about interrupting but Watson never played college hockey. He played in the OHL.
I stand corrected. Don't know why this was in my brain. But Im more encouraged about Watson having OHL time. And we could really use him but not the end of last year when he was clearly lost most of the time on the ice.

And Trigg's point is accurate n reference in TOI. However there are two glaring differences Kayria, Sully, Dumont and even Arnott had the ability to finish. This is very absent with the current roster. The breakdown in minutes played per line is less concerning to me than placing players names in a hat and throwing lines together. Of course injuries, a coach must make adjustments. But keeping the same players playing with other line mates is pretty important if your gonna roll three scoring lines equally.

The comment about a logjam of talent is apparent as well, but it being lower end talent is the trouble spot. What Trotz is trying is to have 9 forwards to all contribute to carry the team, and I think can all agree that's its failing. I as worked for Trotz in the past, but now some change is due either in players on the bench or the coach and GM behind the bench or all three.