View Single Post
Old
01-24-2004, 12:46 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Value wasn't there for the Flyers...

What were they going to do with Oates when all their centers came back healthy? I mean they are already deep in center with a lot of old guys, so what would've happened? I know this was a rental player and I believe Clarke knew he was a rental player, and Washington also probably knew Oates wasn't going to stay long either (50/50 on that)...

Also it wasn't a shallow draft year for goalies...

Stephens, Harding, LeNeveu, and Deslauriers were all taken in the 2nd round...

2nd Edit: I don't consider the 2002 draft deep but it wasn't shallow I mean:

After the top 5 you got some good players like:

Alexander Semin
Steve Eminger
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Keith Ballard
Chris Higgins
Denis Grebeshkov
Anton Babchuk
Cam Ward
Jonas Johansson
Sean Bergenheim

2nd round had
Jeff Deslauriers
Tobias Stephan
Josh Harding
Dave LeNeveu
Trevor Daley
Kirril Koltsov
Matt Stajan
Jiri Hudler
Maxime Daigneault
Johnny Boychuk
Tomas Fleischmann

3rd Round
Matthew Lombardi
Lukas Mensator

Past that
Aaron Rome (4th)
Lasse Pirjeta (5th)
Matt Foy (6th)

Yeah it might not be as deep as the 2003 draft was but there were steals and some good players that moved down to the 2nd round...In a couple years, we'll see how it goes.

3rd Edit: Also get your facts straight, this was the trade. Boston Bruins traded Ray Bourque and Dave Andreychuk to the Colorado Avalanche for Brian Rolston, Martin Grenier, Sami Pahlsson and a 1st round selection (previously acquired, Boston selected Martin Samuelsson) in 2000.

Pahlsson was moved for some players and so on, this to me is a more balanced trade because it involved two important players, Andreychuk and Bourque to Colorado and gave Boston some players they could use. I don't know why but I feel this was more balanced then anything.

Last edited by thestonedkoala: 01-24-2004 at 01:02 AM.