View Single Post
Old
01-24-2004, 02:21 AM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
3rd Edit: Also get your facts straight, this was the trade. Boston Bruins traded Ray Bourque and Dave Andreychuk to the Colorado Avalanche for Brian Rolston, Martin Grenier, Sami Pahlsson and a 1st round selection (previously acquired, Boston selected Martin Samuelsson) in 2000.

Pahlsson was moved for some players and so on, this to me is a more balanced trade because it involved two important players, Andreychuk and Bourque to Colorado and gave Boston some players they could use. I don't know why but I feel this was more balanced then anything.
This was balanced because the Avs won a Cup and Bourque decided to stick around with the Avs whereas Rolston has been very solid for the B's.

And for the record, I knew the entire trade, I just decided to leave out lesser guys like Grenier out. The entire Fleury (and Chris Dingman) trade was Rene Corbet, Wade Belak, a player to be named later (presumably any Avs prospect not named Alex Tanguay), and a conditional draft pick (ended up being the compensatory pick the Avs got for not resigning Fleury). Happy?

Most people probably don't remember that Pahlsson was pretty hyped up leading to that point. Almost the equivalent to the Ouellet to that point. If anybody has the 2000 THN future watch handy, I think you'll find both Pahlsson and Ouellet in the top 30.

You must have missed the part about Roenick and Primeau going down with indefinite injuries in the same night. I'm just saying that the value (at least a few years ago) for a proven rental was pretty damn high in terms of prospect assets.

And again, I think you might be overrating some prospects there. I don't think anybody you listed past the 1st round have done anything to make me do a cartwheel. Prospects are nice to have, but sometimes you have to decide if you want to win a Cup, or if you want THN to list you high on their future watch once a year. You tell me which should have been the higher priority for the Flyers.