View Single Post
12-06-2013, 11:34 AM
vCash: 500
Too me the problem has been with the ownership of this team. I am very grateful to them for stepping forward and keeping the team here. However, the fact remains that none of them were true Hockey men when they bought the team. They have all been successful in business and used the proven management philosophy of listening to the "experts" (Poile and Trotz) where they were lacking in expertise. They have had enough time by now to realize these two can not lead the Preds to the promised land. They need to right this ship, and right it now by replacing both of them. I recently scared myself by realizing that in the first 10 years or this franchises existence I spent over $50,000 on season tickets alone. I don't regret it because I enjoyed watching the team grow over the years. The last few years have shown that we have regressed and put a lackluster group on the ice. The coaching on this team is pathetic. Trying to have 4 equal lines makes no sense at all. Third and 4th liners are not hard to come by at reasonable prices. You don't waste payroll on them. You pay for top 6 people and play them nearly twice the ice time as the lower two lines period. I've always believed the best defense is a good offense. I'd rather see us trying to outscore our opponents than hoping we win 1-0, or 2-1.

originalpredfan is offline   Reply With Quote