View Single Post
Old
12-06-2013, 11:26 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm not saying make a trade for the sake of it, of course not. I'm saying make trades that upgrades us. If this means throwing in an extra pick, so be it. If that means moving Beaulieu, so be it. Of course, I'm not talking of moving Beaulieu for Shane O'Brien here..
But I do think we have entered the period of being buyers. If we skip on that, we can miss an opportunity. The East is wide open.
I don't think we should have this mindset of ''not moving anything worth more than a 3rd round pick''.

As for the age being irrelevant, it is. I'm not talking about the Oilers, I'm talking about the Habs. Every team is different. The Oilers don't have a Norris winner, an allstar keeper, and solid veteran presence. We do. We have solid veterans like Gionta, Plekanec, and Markov. We have a Norris winner with PK. We have an Allstar goalie with Price. We have good offensive depth that's well balanced in our top 9, and smart sandpaper on the 4th line. So yes, it's irrelevant if some of our guys our young. We have a good team, it just needs a little upgrade both up front and on D. Easier said than done, but definitely a need.
Good points, I agree with you. I got the impression you wanted to trade some future assets for rentals, but that was never your mindset. My mistake.

We should definitely beef up this team for the playoffs, especially in terms of size on the wings in my opinion.