View Single Post
Old
12-07-2013, 10:19 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
This is what I posted about Callahan yesterday in the Rangers on Team USA thread:

Quote:
The problem is Callahan isn't the same energy player he used to be. I don't see him come flying in on the forecheck and throwing hits or sacrificing himself to block shots these days. He has certainly refined his offensive game slightly, but his stupid plays in the offensive zone have also skyrocketed. And considering the effort we see on the ice every game, it looks like he's doing a **** job as a leader to boot.

Injuries are most definitely playing a part in this, and they are a major reason Callahan should not be given a long contract this summer.

If you get a determined and hustling Callahan in Sochi though his value is through the roof, even in a loaded tournament like the Olympics. That's what Poile and company have to be banking on at this point.
This isn't a heat of the moment thing. I've been exceedingly critical of Callahan since the Spring of 2012. I remember he had a fantastic Game 1 against Ottawa, but he was crap towards the end of that glorious season as well. All of least year. This year thus far.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote