View Single Post
Old
12-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I know many people used Cano'a laziness and sometimes careferee attitude against him, (even the Yankees), For this hypothetical discussion, What do you think if you had Robinson Cano the talent, and he played the game and was marketable like Derek Jeter. What do you think happens?

Do the Yankees bite the bullet and pay him the 9 year or 10 year deal as the face of the franchise knowing full well what happened with Arod? or do you think after the Arod deal pretty much blew up in their face they still wouldn't have went near that number?

I think this could make for some interesting discussion since it appears almost all Yankee fans loved his talent but questioned his committment to the game the way its supposed to be played and lack of leadership.

What do you think the Yankees would have done if Cano had Jeter's marketability to go along with Cano's talent?
For 240 million, I think you absolutely need leadership out of that player.

The reason Arod was such a terrible contract was because his lack of responsibility as a person. Usually responsibility and leadership come together. Without one, you usually don't have the other. Arod wasn't a leader. He wasn't responsible. Not for his team mates. Not for his actions.

Yankees did well by not caving. If Cano approached every day the way Jeter does its a different story. Mentality is a big part of any sport. Cano's was ****.