View Single Post
Old
12-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
It's more a situation of a guy we expect a lot from, not coming close to living up to those expectations. I want him to stay, even at six mill, but he needs to find his game again. If he keeps playing like he's done lately, he's not even worth his current contract let alone a raise.

Also overpaying for one vet is fine, overpaying for several is a problem. 6 for callahan, 8,5 for Lundquist, 5,5 for Girardi, 2,5 for Boyle, 2,3 for Strålman, 4 for Brassard, Zuccarello and both Moores for 1,5. Then there's Staal, Stepan, Hagelin next year. We could run into some problems, even if they buy out Richards.

One of the more expensive vets might have to go.
Agreed. But 2.3 would not be overpaying for Stralman. Boyle shouldn't and likely won't get 2.5 and if he does, bye.

I mean you have to think realistically about these kinds of things. Who's worth what on an individual basis. You can't lump players together and say well if Callahans worth 6, we have to give Brassard 4.

Also @ pastafazul, players should not be playing with injuries at the beginning of the season. It jeapordizes them down the stretch and in the playoffs, when they will be most needed. Especially since the guy couldnt even hold a stick. Stop spewing nonsense and get a calm head.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote