View Single Post
Old
12-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
So tonight if Cam Janssen takes 4 shifts and hits everything that moves and throws a few elbows would we want Pouliet or Pyatt have to step to him or have Neil in his advanced age talk to him...Lets talk around 10 30 if we have some fireworks
Of course we'd take Neil for free over Pyatt, but that's not the deal. He's advanced in age, he'd cost decent assets to acquire, and I'm pretty sure he has a NTC. Add to that he's 34, and has 2 years left on his deal after this one and I'm not exactly pining over him. He seems like a Sens lifer anyway. He's taken less to stay there in the past. It seems like there is a loyalty there. I just don't see him moving.

This team needs big, young, hungry players who are out to make names for themselves. Unfortunately, those guys aren't always easy to acquire. I don't think anyone is thrilled with this teams bottom 6 or overall team toughness, but there are only so many realistic options that you have mid-season.

I feel like you keep preaching about adding toughness, and no one is disagreeing with you in that regard. We just aren't jumping out of our seats to get a 34 year old Neil who would cost assets and is in year 1 of a 3 year deal. Or like your proposal on the trade board - trade our 23 year old #1 defenseman in a completely unrealistic trade for Lucic.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote