Old
12-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Carle would improve this team because he's a fluid puckmover on the breakout, something this team sorely lacks. It's why he gets lots of ice time on top teams. Flyers fans liked to rip on him because he had some frustrating pitfalls, but ignored a lot of the subtle things he did right that earned the coaches' trust.

And yeah, Streit was a much better offensive producer in his prime, but now he's aging and tremendously ineffective. I'd much rather have Carle in his prime, but maybe I'm just completely nuts
Streit was a much better offensive producer as soon as last season, by a wide margin. Drop him on a completely anemic offense and his production dries up. Carle would absolutely do worse. There's a reason every nonbiased outside fan would have told you Streit is better than Carle coming into this season.

Quote:
Also this is ridiculous. There are a ton of defensemen in the league who would drastically improve the Flyers offense other than the ones you mentioned. You're just making excuses for Streit sucking.
OK.

Go ahead and name all these Dmen who would instantly improve our offense, instead of falling victim to it. I guarantee they're all a very clear step above Carle.

Oh, and going back to your TOI argument for him being a #1...remember when he led the Flyers in TOI yet wasn't the #1?