View Single Post
Old
12-08-2013, 01:53 AM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
One of the questions in the offseason was what would happen to the GAA and Hanks play when we moved away from the '6 goalie system'. Thus far we are seeing that it's leaving him facing a better quality of shot which is getting through more; at the same time our forwards and D don't appear to have the skill to hurt teams going the other way
Agree 100% and I was actually thinking about everything OP brought up tonight.

Just going purely off what I'm seeing, the Rangers LOOK like a better team. We have more offensive zone possession time than we ever did under Torts, passing is better, zone entries are cleaner and most obviously the PP is much improved but the lack of skill was really apparent tonight.

So many great opportunities end up with shots going wide or somebody fumbles the pass and loses the puck. I'm really not surprised that a guy like Edler was a stud in this system and is now playing horribly under Torts. Look at the players who are having success now under AV - McDonagh is going to be a Norris candidate, Zuccarello is creating tons of opportunities, Richards is back to being productive, Kreider is scoring tons of goals. I hate talking about "systems" but it's obvious that AV is looking for a different breed of player from Torts.

I think we're due for some roster shakeups soon for a whole variety of reasons.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote