View Single Post
Old
01-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Jags plays with Nedved and Hlavac (or perhaps Lundmark gets a birthday gift, which I'd love to see), pending Hlavac moving someplace else. Lindros still needs to get Kovalev on his right, and Holilk needs a grinder to his right. While I'm sick of the Rangers being the only team that can afford anybody, I do believe that Jagr's an improvement over Carter and can elevate Nedved's game. The Rangers can now have four lines that make sense. Here's what I mean:

Lundmark- Nedved-Jagr (#1 line - good scoring and a young winger to have fun)
Simon-Lindros-Kovalev (a very good #2 line. Good size, and will be tough on second defense pairings as the #1 pairings focus on the top line. Could be very dangerous)
Rucinsky-Holik-Barnaby (good combo of size, speed, grit, and all can score and handle the puck. Good trio to face top lines)
Lacouture-Messier-Ortmeyer (the true fourth line we've all been waiting for. Mess' minutes will diminish, most likely, with the arrival of Jags, and that could be to Mess', and the team's benefit).

Now, how do you fix the mess on the blue line and in goal? I guess by hoping your lines control possession.
I think your lines make real sense. Of course, that means Jackass will do something different.

Lundmark is about a week away from playing according to a newspaper report on Friday.