View Single Post
Old
12-08-2013, 06:21 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
I think Nurse's increase in points is indeed tied to the bolded part, as his actual even strength numbers this year have dropped I believe. He'll chip in with a few points but a mobile, gritty (a truly gritty one, not the pretenders we've enjoyed the pleasure of watching over the last few years) defensive D man is his likely role at the NHL. It's pretty tough to tell if his offensive instincts will translate -- many offensive D-men in junior just do not get past the AHL.
I would like to see comparable D EV strength numbers in the OHL and how they compare to Nurses. I don't expect Nurse to see much PP time in the NHL, but its still promising to see him put up points when provided with PP time as it shows he does have some offensive ability.

I would more like him to work on his defensive game tho and work on preventing his brain farts he has.

I agree his role will be a defensive D, but its encouraging to see him put up some points offensively as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
yeah nurse's offence hasn't really increased from last year, he is just getting more PP time... his ES scoring is essentially the exact same... a gritty #3 guy who isn't a blackhole offensively is what i expect from nurse at the NHL level... something similar to smid, but maybe with *slightly* more offence, but not too much more i wouldn't think

(jesus that smid trade was just unforgivable)
I wonder how his EV strength minutes have changed as well. He is getting a lot more PP time, and playing 1st PK minutes, so maybe his EV strength minutes have decreased as a result. Hes also entrusted to be the #1 shutdown D onthat team, so I would imagine offense isn't the primary concern for him when hes one

But yeah that Smid trade was horrible and didn't address any areas of need, while weakening already horrible back end