View Single Post
Old
12-08-2013, 09:26 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Not to mention if Orpik answered the bell with Thornton earlier instead of ducking out like a *****, he wouldn't be in the hospital. If you are going to throw hits like that be prepared to step up when someone challenges you.
I feel the same way about marchand as just about any ranger fan, but that knee was dirty, and the fact that he is only getting a phone call hearing (along with the crosby no call trip that led to the whole thing) really shows the bias toward the pens in this league.

So lets see, now we have dirty incidents between the Bruins and the Pens, Isles and the Pens, Flyers and Pens, and Rangers and Pens. Anyone see a pattern here?
Whoa, hold on there. Maybe its not a hockey play to hit Erickson but I don't see how that justifies a slew foot, to specifically render him defenseless, and then punch him in the jaw while orpil is his back.

Maybe Roussel broke the code with his Shaw fight, and maybe Rinaldo wanted to fight as a way to make a statement. But is he then justified in sucker punching Roussel on the ice for not answering the bell?

I don't see any way to condone Thornton's actions. And I've hated orpik since his hit on Cole.

It used to be if a guy wouldn't fight immediately, he'd get some punishment until he answered. Maybe he's gassed after a long shift. Maybe he got slew footed. To me, this is the bertuzzi defense.