View Single Post
Old
12-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I believe the question he responded to was regarding team toughness, I can't see Fast or Kristo improving that area of the team. To me this was the coach saying look "I'm doing the best with what I have right now till I get some better players."
The thing is, it's not the best. Stop forcing offense down a teams throat that is just not capable of outscoring the other team.

Everyone complained that Torts came here saying safe is death and never followed through. Well guess what, he didn't have the personnel to do that with. But he got the most out of what his guys had, every single night. And if someone didn't give him the most game in game out, they were shipped off faster then you could say Tortorella.

AV isn't doing that. I don't see him ever show any emotion on the bench. All i hear is complaints in the media and how he's "working hard." Where are the timeouts? Why wasn't there one called tonight when they were flat and then gave up 2 goals in 26 seconds. He just stands there and says the players can talk all they want but its the on the ice that counts.

He's not hired to let the players do the talking. He's hired to tell the players how to play. To motivate them. I don't see ANY of that. I see a guy who is to nice.

I hope i'm wrong, I hope he can win a cup here or at least get us far. He has the track record. But he seems to have lost this team 30 games into the season. I see no accountability whatsoever (Cally getting first line minutes in the third). I see no reasoning for the benching of Del Zotto last game after a handful of above average games prior to that.

I'm hoping we begin to see some moves for some charachter guys. Get some tough SOB's in here. Call up McIlrath. Hell bring up beach. He can't be worse then Pyatt.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote