View Single Post
Old
12-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Puckface NYR*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
http://nypost.com/20...eat-luxury-tax/

IF true they might as well just sell all the top players they added, because it wont matter. The Yankees will not be a serious contender without one more top end SP.
They're not getting under 189. It's a near impossibility at this point. On top of that, this article is from the post, so needs to be read with a major grain of salt.

Personally, I'm done expecting them to be frugal. We heard all year they would be and.....that went poof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
They really overpaid for Ellsbury/ Your gonna hate mccan in 3 years. Beltran was the best move. Yanks need to start developing their own again. This team could become a mess in a few years unless they wanna buy everyone again.
And who cares. Will it stop the yankees from going out and getting more guys? Nope, it won't. They will gladly eat those contracts. Just like Pavano, Igawa, Burnett...want me to keep going?

I love all the fans of opposing teams saying these contracts are horrible. You're right, they are.....to any other team in the league. But not to the yankees. It's just money and they'll do as they've always done, squeeze what they can out of these overpaid "stars" and discard them when they're finished. They'll then buy up the next crop of guys. Wash, Rinse, Repeat, with some championships in there.