View Single Post
12-09-2013, 10:54 AM
C`est La Vie
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Honestly, they are pretty damn close. I think Barry was smaller and faster, quickness they are pretty close.

Shady has insane amount of respect for Sanders and I think he said this week, they aren't even in the same conversation.

Sanders 5'8" 200lbs

McCoy 5'11" 208lbs

So just sheer size difference, Sanders would probably look more elusive by eye. Also based on what I can find Sanders ran a 4.35 40, Shady ran a 4.5 40. Shady is fast, but Sanders in space once you broke away was impossible to catch
I'm not sure of this, but I'm willing to bet a good chunk of that speed came directly from his first step. In hockey terms he was Pavel Bure. He'd stop moving completely on the field which is usually a big mistake, but he was able to get to top speed so quickly that it didn't matter.

The fact that he was able to come to a complete stop, and still run away from someone is what allowed him to be as east and west as he was.

Not sure if this is true, but I heard a stat that said the year he went for 2,000 yards he actually lost 1,000. So he actually rushed for 3,000 positive yards that year.