View Single Post
Old
12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Good players who can grow with the team. Easy peasy.

Honestly though, I don't know enough about who is available around the league. I'd like to see them acquire a player who is, or has the upside to be a gritty, in your face 3rd liner who can chip in 15 goals a year, hit, and scrap. I'd like to see them add a puck moving defender who can really skate and can run the PP. I'd like to see them add a 4th line heavyweight who isn't a total liability on the ice. And I think they really need a scoring center with size. Not necessarily a franchise guy, but someone who can drive the net and hold onto the puck in the corners.

Jake Gardiner. I think he would be a great target. I also like Kulikov in Florida. I think he's been bitten by the losing bug and his game has suffered. He could use a mentor who plays a similar game. He has the same skillset McDonagh has. Great skater, can really move the puck, and is very strong. The problem is, I don't know if McDonagh is ready to take on the role of a mentor yet.

Up front, I was on the Brayden Schenn wagon, but I think that ship sailed if it ever did in fact exist.
Pretty much sums up what I think this team needs as well. I would put a mean, in-your-face d-man but I think McIlrath fits that bill.

Colorado has code McLeod who can actually play the game and drop the gloves. I wonder if he would be available.

This team is just Charmin Soft.