Thread: Post-Game Talk: Capitals at Rangers 12/8/2013
View Single Post
12-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Xanny family
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Falk is OK... I suppose he is more solid than Eminger. I think J. Moore is a usable 6th or 7th Dman...

In your opinion Rasp, who would stay on this team in the event that a complete gutting occurs this coming deadline?

Some more rants by me:

I'm not really for ripping the D apart, because it's been functioning fine. Needs to mature into the system AV is trying to implement. I still think the team is better suited for Zone Defense, and not Man-to-Man...

However, I think the reason why AV uses it is for line matching. BUT the strategy as a whole is very confusing once the team enters your own defensive zone, because you have 2 Defensemen going against 3 forwards, which now means you need your centerman to drop back.

None of our centermen our defensively-minded save stepan, so the strategy is showing the holes that we have seen. Couple that with our 5th thru 7th dman not being very fast, or making dumb decisions (the former MDZ, the latter JMoore), and you get the result of our current defense for the last 20 games (not all 30, because the first 10 nobody knew wtf was going on)
The only players I don't want touched in the event of a firesale are Steps, McD, Nash, Kreider, and Hank.

A few weeks ago Hags was on that list, but man, he's dogging it lately. Doing nothing at all.

Everyone can be had for the right price, however.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote