View Single Post
12-09-2013, 03:59 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Akeson isn't really all that good of a prospect relatively speaking across the league and IIRC he isn't having a good season, but he's probably at the top of the list as far as our forwards and goal scoring ability goes so it is odd that the guy never gets a shot. Now or in the past.
17 points in 23 games to lead the phantoms. All he does is put up points. Here are some quotes from Murray earlier this year pertaining to Akeson:

"He's very imaginative," Murray said. "He has a very creative mind and he sees the ice in a different way than most players. He's a player who wants the puck on his stick and he's the one who says, 'If we're going to have some success here tonight, let it come from me.' His creativity is pretty special and a lot of players in the game don't have it."

Murray said he is confident that with relentless work ethic and consistency, Akeson has a chance at being successful in the NHL this season.

"I'm hoping that by the end of this year he's going to be a player that's considered to get an opportunity. Not just a call-up in an emergency situation but a player who's going to get called up because of the way he plays," Murray said. "This is his opportunity now to show management that he's ready."

As far as the chemistry between Akeson and Giroux is concerned they only played one game together so I don't know if I'd call it chemistry but I know they are good buddies who train together during the offseason. I love to see him get a legit shot and it seems Murray agrees.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote