View Single Post
Old
12-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

vCash: 500
I believe that the team will take the approach the Florida Panthers took a few years ago and sign a decent amount of serviceable middle type players to short deals with a larger cap hit, in order to hit the floor. If we assume those deals are 2-3 years then they would still be the so called "Dream 15-16 Team". I am assuming Leino gets bought out, Miller and Moulson are traded and Ott re-signs. The Sabres then trade Stafford for another player who needs a change in scenery and his cap savings is used to send a big offer to Callahan in the offseason. Also sign Brian Boyle and one of Ryan Reaves or Adam Cracknell. Ennis is traded and possibly Grigorenko at that time, or maybe he is still simmering in the AHL.

If this is my ideal situation the framework looks as such:

Girgensons - McDavid - xxxx (Spot eventually becomes Armia, but I don't want him rushed)
Ott - Hodgson - xxxx
Draisitl/Dal Colle - Larsson - Callahan
Foligno - Boyle - Reaves/Cracknell (Would've slotted Tropp here but......)
xFlynn, Scott (Yes I'm keeping him)

Zadorov - Myers
Ehrhoff - Pysyk
Weber - Ristolainen (Weber is in the last year of his new deal this year so I think he is still around.)
xRuhwedel

As for the goalies I don't have a clue.

Next year I believe only 2 rookies should make the team and they are Larsson and Ristolainen. I don't want them making the same mistakes again next year. In 15-16 three rookies are on the team; McDavid, Draisitl/Dal Colle, and Zadorov.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote