View Single Post
12-09-2013, 05:17 PM
No Leaf Left Behind
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
They're good complimentary players. They don't fit what AV is trying to do with the team is all. I would rather get something rather than letting them walk for nothing. What would the Oilers be willing to give up besides Hemsky?

Eh, too much. The discussion starts with Gardiner and goes from there. I know asking for Reilly is too much.

This is a bit closer. Franson has a decent point shot, right? Something the Rangers could really use. Would prefer Carter Ashton or Tyler Biggs to Smithson though.

Right, for Girardi and Callahan these would be rental prices. I wouldn't be asking for established pieces signed to good deals. The Rangers should be targeting skill guys that are on the cusp of breaking out or are rendudant on their own teams.
Not going to happen. Franson is an RFA, so you'll get at least something out of him for at least another year until he's a UFA. It's going to be some sort of veteran AHLer from us who should be in the NHL. Smithson gives you the flexibility to move Boyle for a piece, and can provide bottom 6 support. Unless you want to increase the pick, that's where it'd be at. Otherwise, yes Franson has a monster shot from the point and will be amazing on your team. Girardi>Franson though.

SeaOfBlue is offline   Reply With Quote