View Single Post
Old
12-09-2013, 09:50 PM
WhalerBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to dealing a player or two to help with the rebuild process. It will be interesting to see if Vellucci relents and becomes a seller for the first time. I would imagine that Hartman would bring quite a return. I'm not counting on it, though, as it is just not how things have been done around here.
You bring up some good points. I would trade Hartman in a second to give him a shot at a championship. The reality is that he won't be back next year. I think you have to look at who will be back next year and then figure out the OA'er situation, which I believe the only player would be Curcuruto. Hartman might be the only player that you could get any return for at this point. Could you deal Sandlak or Lorentz as OA'ers? Probably not. The one thing that might be an option after the season is to deal some 95 birth year players. We currently have 6 or 7 that would be OA'ers the year after next. What do you go after? Goaltending is good, but after that we need everything. Our veteran players as a whole are having a miserable season. Something I didn't expect to this extent. The one variable is the USD players or NCAA commitment players that could possibly show up at the door and sign contracts with us.