View Single Post
Old
12-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I bet you think Hedman is a bust too, don't you?

Larsson played in nearly 120 NHL games before his 21st birthday, yet somehow that's being held against him. It's only a matter of time before the points come, especially if he continues to be paired with Gelinas and he keeps feeding that big howitzer.

That's great that other players came in and looked nice in a vacuum. It must be nice for Dougie Hamilton to come into the NHL and get paired with a future Hall of Famer or for Brodin to play on the same team as Ryan Suter. Larsson is already anchoring his own pairing, MENTORING A ROOKIE OLDER THAN HE IS.

I'd much rather him polish his defensive skills now than have him focus on pure offense. He was 3rd on the Devils defense in terms of total ES minute played prior to his injury. He's a top-3 defenseman on one of the best defensive teams in the league right now, today, without much offense to speak of. Adam Larsson is one of the last things the Devils should be concerned with right now.
Please quote me where I used the word bust? I said disappointment, and yes I would say Hedman and Larsson have both been disappointments considering where they were drafted. I would expect more of a player drafted in the top 5 to become more than a shutdown dman without a doubt. Make any argument you want, but Hamilton has clearly shown more, and Brodin, well he's just been spectacular and he looks like he's following a path of OEL. If Larsson ends up being just an elite shutdown dman, that is a disappointment no matter which way you try and justify it.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote