View Single Post
Old
12-09-2013, 10:39 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Yeah, I don't know about that. Coming off last year's performance, before this season started, I think Voracek was being considered as a star player. And he's talented enough to be a star player in this league, just needs to stop making such low percentage plays, and play smarter. Hartnell feeds off of what other players on his line do. If G and Voracek are not playing smart, than Hartnell is useless. Much like Kunitz, Dupuis, or Neal in Pittsburgh.

And Giroux has shown what he can produce without a "star" player on his wing. I don't think Jagr and Hartnell were considered star players in the league to the extent you're talking about two years ago. He just needs players that have good chemistry going, and right now, that's not happening with Voracek and Hartnell.
Jake hasn't been anything close to a star player this year. He's skating, sometimes, but not doing much else. It takes a whole line to produce points. Giroux can't be expected to carry two other guts who are playing like crap. There are very few players in the league that are capable of doing that for an entire game, let alone an entire season.

You can hate in Neal and Kunitz all you want, but they would both be our best wingers right now, and they're both capable of doing a lot more than piggy backing the super stars they play with. Hartnell is the definition of a complimentary winger. The only asset he offers to Giroux is his occasionally good shot. He's average to below average in every other facet of the game. Jake has the skill set, but he's pissing it away at this point. I said it last week, but if he doesn't get more consistent, he'll be a Viktor Kozlov-like player in the sense that he's always leaving you wanting more out of him.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote