Old
12-09-2013, 11:50 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Jake hasn't been anything close to a star player this year. He's skating, sometimes, but not doing much else. It takes a whole line to produce points. Giroux can't be expected to carry two other guts who are playing like crap. There are very few players in the league that are capable of doing that for an entire game, let alone an entire season.

You can hate in Neal and Kunitz all you want, but they would both be our best wingers right now, and they're both capable of doing a lot more than piggy backing the super stars they play with. Hartnell is the definition of a complimentary winger. The only asset he offers to Giroux is his occasionally good shot. He's average to below average in every other facet of the game. Jake has the skill set, but he's pissing it away at this point. I said it last week, but if he doesn't get more consistent, he'll be a Viktor Kozlov-like player in the sense that he's always leaving you wanting more out of him.
What I'm getting at is that if Berube keeps this line in tact further, then they need to change their approach big time, and buy into that approach to play a smarter, more effective game at ES. I never said G needs to carry anyone. All three have played like crap for the majority of this year at ES. And I said Voracek was being a considered a star player prior to the start of this year.

Neal can hold his own (when he's not being a dumbass), but Kunitz is a pure complimentary player. He had a great year last year, but would not have had that year without Crosby.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote