View Single Post
Old
01-24-2004, 08:26 PM
ville_tx

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ville_tx
David Aebischer was snubbed fo sho!!!

I'm not saying he was a unanimous choice to be in, but i think that his play this year should silence the critics. I think for sure Vokoun deserved to be there, and while i am not a big fan of Marty Turco, his statistics, speak pretty soundly for his selection. Dwayne Roloson's selection is where my beef is though, check this out:

Roloson: 11-11-7 record, 2.00 GAA, .932 S% and 2 shut outs

Aebischer: 21-9-6 record, 2.04 GAA, .928 S% and 3 shut outs

it has been said that roloson was selected to represent the wild since the game is in minnesotta, but still, colorado has 64 pts this season, and i do realize that Aebischer might not be as good playing behind another group of players, but the fact is, he is in colorado and i don't think things would be the same if Suave was in goal. Suave will be good in the future, but i think his development was seriously messed with by the retirement of Roy.

in conclusion yes Roloson, has lower GAA, and a higher Save percentage, but he's played only 29 games. plus the magic number is only a difference of .04 in both categories. i think Aebischer should have been given the spot, that Roloson now holds.