View Single Post
Old
01-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
if Renney were let go, I wouldn't shed a tear. Nothing against the guy, but I don't think he's the guy for the job. Didn't from day 1, and still do not. And as cited a while ago, the Devils, in first place, fired Ftorek, so I don't see why it should be such a big deal (note: I don't think it would happen).

For me, it wasn't the losing streak that prompted me to want to see a change, it was his hiring last season moreso and my opinion hasn't changed one bit. Glad to see the Rangers turn it around, although the only thing different, really, has been Lundqvist.
We just have to agree to dissagree.

I think overall Renney have done a great job. He have brought in a ton of youth, and developed them. Allot of people on our roster are performing allot better then what were to be expected, you always see Renney in the ear of the players on the bench, he have defenitly prooved what a great teacher he is.

He have also brought in a ton of youth, something thats easily forgotten.

I also really likes the system he is inforcing and the direction the organization is heading.

And the bottom line will always be the results, nobody can argue that they are absolutely remarkable. He have manged to turn a team with ONLY two high caliber players into a solid PO team. Who could have imagined that we could have competed with teams like Ottawa with Redden, Alfie, Spezza and Heatly, or with NJD with Elias, Gomez, Rafalski and Brodeur or Tampa with LeCav, MSL and Richard with the roster we have.

In the end I can understand people complaining at the team, they have flaws no doubt about. I just have a hard time with the critisisim towards Renney, its a fact that his results are extremely extremely good if you look at the roster. Its very unusual for someone to take that kind of heat with absolutely perfect results if you look at the roster.

We only had two stars last season with JJ and Lundqvist, now Shanahan can be added to them. Compare that with the other teams, who have 4-5 established top 2 line forwards, we have no real top D's, Ottawa have a handful, NJD Rafalski, Tampa got Boyle and Co.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote