Thread: Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM
waitin425

vCash: 500
I Love how the initial proposal became something centred around Bournival straight up for Yak. My reasoning for the thread was to open up some discussion on what the Oilers would be interested in and to gauge the patience level of the fan base and potential for a steal. Yes, there I said it....I want to rob you of Yakupov.

These things happen all the time in the NHL when certain players for whatever reason aren't gelling with a team. The two examples I drew from was JVR in Philly and Turris in Ottawa. Both players are much closer to their potential now then when with the team that drafted them. If I was an Edmonton fan I would be as patient as possible, but eventually that patience wears out and I would want to get what I can for him. Kudos to you Edmonton fans for sticking to your guns!

As for my original proposal. I'll call it a robbery but only based on the potential that Yakupov has. The return I offered is still very good IMHO and fills needs going forward that the Oilers have.

To those Oiler fans comparing Yak to Chucky.....their potential is equal but Chucky is looking like he has the higher probability of reaching that potential which for me makes him more valuable.

Fun read!

waitin425 is online now   Reply With Quote