View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 01:05 PM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I wouldn't mind a top 4 with Subban-Markov-Phaneuf-Emelin.. but that would be quite expensive... Like Kriss E, said, if we can get rid of Gorges contract, then we'll talk..

Let's see if Elisha Cuthbert can do what Maripier Morin did with Prust and try to bring Phaneuf in her hometown.
Phaneuf is a solid second pairing D being expected to be a first pairing D and wants to be paid like the best defenceman on a team.

He's like if Roman Hamrlik wanted to be paid $7M by us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Wow that would make him the highest paid player in the league (cap wise). I would be disappointed with that. GMs need to be careful about handing out these crazy contracts or we will just be heading to another lock out in a few years again. Geez louise!
I'm guessing you missed my post on how much Joe Sakic made in the late 90s and how many players were making over $10M per season before the lockout.

High contracts are not going to lead to a lockout. That's why we have a cap. They actually have very little to do with why there are lockouts. Did you see all of the money dropped for buyouts? Money still goes to those players. Also, stop looking at the CAP HIT and look at the actual salary paid to the player. Also when the cap goes up, the percentage of how much that contract is for the teams total cap money decreases. Pay more attention to that than if the number is merely higher.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote