View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I Am Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callafan24 View Post
This would be the wrong way to go. He needs to keep developing his game with big minutes in the A this season. Clark selected him specifically for his size and edge, and his potential is exactly what this team needs. But are you prepared to bring him into a soft, inconsistent, uninspired locker room and run the show? Every tough guy on every team is going to try and fight him. Is that the kind of environment and roll that you want Dylan to play right off the bat of his NHL career? This is how you ruin prospects.
Making him the NHL heavyweight from game one also seems risky/silly to me. I know the rough stuff is part of his game but it's much more important to get acclimated to the NHL pace than it is for him to fight Dorsett's battles or whatever.

If trades/injuries/performances/whatever give him an early look-in (I wouldn't be surprised if they hit a certain "point" with him in HFD where the organization is comfortable trading NHL D-depth for scoring or snarl), I expect The Stu Bickel Experience to get a cup of coffee on the wing.

I Am Classless is offline   Reply With Quote