Thread: Value of: Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 03:05 PM
bestmyfeeling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Yakupov has outright said he doesn't like to skate, doesn't like to forecheck, doesn't like to play defense. Russian scouts are saying he plays no defense and won't make it in the NHL as a one-dimensional player who doesn't utilize his teammates. Yet he's worth Adam Larsson to the NJ Devils?

The Devils demand skating, demand forechecking, demand defense from every player that takes the ice. They demanded it from Kovalchuk who has 10 times the resume Yak has.

The idea that Yak is worth Larsson is reactionary lunacy (from Devils fans) because we can't score consistently. With a level-head though, I feel like my fellow Devils fans wouldn't pull off the trade. We are all prone to that lunacy and heck I think I've been swayed to the Yak boat with my fair share of reactionary lunacy from time to time but certainly not for Larsson.

The Devils would never pay the price of Adam Larsson (nevermind +) for that kind of player. D-Men develop much later and Yak comes with far more glaring concerns as a player and a person than Adam Larsson.
so much fail....

bestmyfeeling is offline   Reply With Quote