Thread: Speculation: Snow's next move
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Snow's next move

Forgive me for starting another Islander trade thread, but I still think a move is coming.

My evidence:

1) Staple says he expects a goalie deal to happen soon. Staple is not Bob Mackenzie like hockey mind, but he is probably more plugged in then any other observer and he has had a nasty habit of calling deals weeks before they happened.

2) Grabner and Bailey are both playing like crud, and need a change of scenery.

3) The Isles need to open up roster spots, with Strome coming up, Lee at a PPG in the AHL, and Nelson outplaying basically every vet besides Tavares.

4) The Isles have a slew of excellent young defense prospects, but badly need gritty vets with size.

5) Snow's current impatience is evident.

6) Nielsen had a great start to the year, but the Isles have depth up the middle and could move him to address a need.

7) Isles have a few high profile impending UFAs (who may or may not be signed). Snow has been bad about cashing in on his impending UFAs, but I don't see him letting the likes of AMac and Vanek simply walk away.

I really have no idea what is happening next, but I'm open to thoughts.

Oh, and whatever happens, I am reasonably confident (or as confident as I can be given that I never know what Snow is up to) that it will not result in: 1) Strome being moved to Toronto, or Liles coming to Long Island,2) Isles having any interest in Bourque, Diaz, or Leblanc, 3) Isles sending away Okposo, Tavares, Nelson, Strome, Reinhart, Pulock, Czikas, Martin, Hamonic or de Haan (the future core of the team). 4)Isles overpaying for Craig Anderson.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote