Thread: Value of: Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 04:00 PM
ManofSteel55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
I posted the link above to the Russian scout. Quoted it. Here's Yaks quote, it was NOT paraphrasing:

"I wasn't happy about it last night," said Yakupov. "You can say a million words about getting better but coach says I'm not playing, so I'm not playing.

"I'm not happy about it. I just want to play every game," Yakupov said.

I'm going to play my game ... I'm not going to change but maybe play better without the puck, or forecheck more, but I love playing with the puck. I really don't like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don't think it's my game."

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...-straight-game
And the reporter who first reported that quote conveniently left out the rest of his statement, where he said he has to work hard to get out of his slump, and figure out how to adjust to play as a team. It was left out almost everywhere, because it kills the story. You can go through life believing that every two sentence quote is the be all, end all, but there was a lot more said by Yakupov that night than the two sentences every hack reporter has focussed on since. They did their job though, they are having their story read weeks after it happened. The guy who put the entire thing in, not so much. That is paraphrasing, selective quoting, whatever you want to call it, and its not accurate "journalism".

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote