View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callafan24 View Post
This would be the wrong way to go. He needs to keep developing his game with big minutes in the A this season. Clark selected him specifically for his size and edge, and his potential is exactly what this team needs. But are you prepared to bring him into a soft, inconsistent, uninspired locker room and run the show? Every tough guy on every team is going to try and fight him. Is that the kind of environment and roll that you want Dylan to play right off the bat of his NHL career? This is how you ruin prospects.
I agree with all this.

But you can almost sense the pressure building to bring him up. Before Staal's injury last year our D was looked upon as our best strength after Hank. Now it's fast becoming a liability.

Plans. I'm sure they had some good ones. Now real life has intervened and is exposing organizational weaknesses.

It's frustrating. They were at least drafting decent prospects for a few years and they brought in a guy (Torts) who helped them establish and identity other teams respected. McIlrath was supposed to help cement that identity. At least that's how I saw it. Now...he's going to do what...exactly? Re establish it? On this team? OK.

They are not at the same level team wise that they were. Players that should be performing are not. Leaders are not leading. It's shows up on the ice and on the bench. God only knows what's happening in the room. This is a less than perfect environment to bring in a key prospect. We'll see.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote