View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Sidney the Kidney
3-peat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Who said an easy fix was out there at all? If Snow moves Okposo, who will the RW on the first line? If we delete Hamonic, who do we build our defense around? What happens to the future if we move Strome, Nelson, etc?

What valuable commodities do the Isles have to deal that would make the least bit of sense to move?

I just don't see anything there.
Isn't this why you started this thread, though? To speculate on what possible moves Snow has up his sleeve to improve the Isles' situation?

I don't hold the answers about who should be moved, but I'm just saying that if Snow is intent on improving the current roster's top four or whatnot, it will cost more than he seems to be willing to give up.

But if we're playing a "what if" game, how about one of Strome or Nelson? Pick which one the organization believes will be the long-term answer at 2C behind Tavares, then deal the other for a top four blueliner. Or deal a Nielsen, play Strome at 2C, Nelson at 3C, and hope the upgrade on defense is enough to offset whatever growing pains carrying two rookies down the middle might cause.

There are deals there. The Islanders *do* have assets. The question always returns to what Snow is willing to actually pay to upgrade his team's weaknesses. If he's not willing to pay -- and maybe long term that's the best solution anyway, rather than panicking over this year's results -- the results are what you see. Guys like Strait, Hickey, Carkner, Martinek, Macdonald, etc. playing in roles they're not suited to.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote