View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Nothing Is New

vCash: 500
I gotta say Trotz. We can cherry pick good and bad draft picks by Poile but overall the organization is pretty good at drafting and developing two-way hockey talent. The old Preds under Trotz had attitude. As a Thrasher fan, I really admired how they were feisty, major pains-in-the-*ss to play against. Now with the same type of roster, they're ho-hum. You can start your back-up goalie against today's Preds in Nashville and do OK. Somewhere, at some point, the mojo left and I think that rests more with Trotz.

This will sound like heresy but I think Rinne's contract and Weber's were big mistakes. Didn't think so then and don't necessarily blame Poile, but we can develoip goalies like nobody else. And Weber clearly showed he wanted out and he is playing with no fire whatsoever - just putting in the time.

We don't make the playoffs this year, its Armageddon time in Nashville. Even though he's not greatly to blame, fire Poile and Trotz. Trade Rinne and Weber. Convert to an offensive system and let Jones and our young D-men ride it out on D. We'll suck for two years and then the sun will come out.

Nothing Is New is offline   Reply With Quote