View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Montross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Still waiting on names of free agents who didn't want to play here (or is this speculation?). Other than Weber and Suter, who both said they wanted roster improvements before singing long term contracts.

Singing free agents is not a means to build an offense.

There are ZERO players in the top 25 of scoring who signed with a new team as a free agent.
Regarding FAs who didn't want to play here, will all due respect I don't think that is a fair question to ask. Poile is not going to come out to the general public and list off the names of the players he went after who turned down coming here. And players who choose not to come here do not make it a habit to go public with their reasons.

No one can really say who Poile has tried to get here via FA or trade where the player simply said No. I guess there are rumors from time to time (Kessel, Seguin, etc.) but who really knows?

In my opinion, if I were a big time scoring forward and had control of where I went, I would look at Nashville and (fairly or unfairly) see small market, team that doesn't spend to the cap, and system which seems to stifle offense. It would take a massive overpayment or term to secure my services. Sound familiar? See: Gaustad, Cullen, Nystrom, Hendricks.

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote