Number 2 center with size and defensively responsible Ex. Hanzal type

Second pairing Defensemen

#1 Goalie

3rd line defensive responsible and gritty wingers

Assets willing to give up:

2014 1st rounder
Hemsky
Gagner
one of Yak/Eberle would have to get a very significant return.
Musil
Gernat
Jones
Dubnyk in package for upgrade at goalie.
Lander
don't confuse it.

The secondary need is the top six center with size and grit. 2nd pairing D is more of a luxury than a need for the Oil. I would respect someone wanting #1 goalie as either the biggest or the secondary need, but imo we should look for a free agent for the netminder, or at least wait until we see what Bryz can do.

Our biggest need, the top pairing D, is ideally a RHD. It should be someone who is young enough to be able to play alongside Nurse for at least a few years (but ideally young enough to stay with the team a long time). They don't have to be Pietrangelo. It could be someone like Petry who makes less mistakes

As for assets willing to give up: anyone other than RNH and Hall really, and I suppose Nurse as well. I agree that Ebs/Yak better get a high return but one does make the other expendable so there's that.

I think that if we are serious about finding that D or center we need we should be open to trading Perron as well. It better be a pretty good player coming back if that's the case

Last edited by Mr Positive: 12-10-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Mr Positive is offline   Reply With Quote