View Single Post
Old
12-10-2013, 07:55 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds101 View Post
I am just curious, are you for or against getting rid of Trotz/Poile? Do you think this is a problem that they created and should be held responsible, or they tried to do the best they could with what they had available?
I've said many times I think Poile doesn't have what it takes to get a team to the elite level. We were on the cusp of being elite, and he made all the wrong moves / non-moves to get us to where we are.

I'm numb on Trotz at this point. I think he usually gets the most out of what he's given. We have a serious void of offensive talent, no amount of coaching will fix that.

As long as Poile is in charge, I suspect Trotz will be fired if we remain a lottery team, because that's just what you do when you have no answers. And I'm not sure Trotz can handle a couple more years of rebuilding either.

If Trotz is fired and Poile is still in charge, I fully expect Housley to be promoted to head coach. It's the "safe" in-house choice, and Poile likes safe.

But what I'd really like is a new GM. Don't ask me who, because I'm not privy to NHL mgmt circles, but someone who proactively builds a roster while being patient but not settling with "safe".

Last edited by dulzhok: 12-10-2013 at 08:01 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote