View Single Post
Old
12-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'm not sold on Virtanen, personally. The skills are there, but the question is, can he put it together. With that being said, he's also one of the youngest draft eligible players this year. He'll be one of those guys who gets drafted in which teams think he'll grow into a dominant winger. The good about Virtanen is that he's a smart hockey player with a rocket of a shot and good wheels. He's not afraid of the physical aspect of the game and he always keeps his head up. One skill he also has, that not many mention about, is his ability to slide off hits. Going forward, he needs to work on his consistency and he needs to finish more opportunities he creates. Calgary isn't a high scoring team either, so it's fairly easy to limit Virtanen's chances in the sense you shut down the Calgary top line, and there really isn't a 2nd line that's going to scare you.
Thanks. It is hard to say where a 17/18 year old will finish once they grow up. So that being said I hope the Flyers "load" up on wings in next years entry draft.