View Single Post
Old
01-25-2004, 12:09 AM
ErnestoGuevara

vCash: 500
Well if you look at tonight's game against the Rangers, Ottawa's best scorer, Marian Hossa, didn't score. He played on a line with Langfeld and Bonk tonight and did pick up his 32nd assist of the season on Langfeld's goal. Hossa's a pure goalscorer but has turned out into a playmaker because teams are focusing on him; Bonk is a good two-way forward but not the best offensivly and Langfeld's only an AHL call up. So if you put another offensive threat like Bondra on this line (bondra-Bonk-Hossa), the other team won't be able to stop them. Right now teams can shadow Hossa but Hossa's too good of a player to be held off the score sheet so he'll find a way to make beautiful passes to his teammates and they score the goals (Van Allen got something like 8 goals last season because he played with Hossa for a while.) a Bondra-Hossa combo would be like the Bert-Nassy combo they have in Vancouver, if you focus only on one, the other will kill you. I know some of you might argue that it is already like that with Alfreddson and/or Havlat but they all play RW... so on different lines.. so good times like New-Jersey coudl easly match those 3.. Madden against Hossa's line, Pandolfo against Alfie's and Marshall against Havlat's. It doesn't work for Colorado but it does work for Vancouver (bert and Nassy are much more productive when playing together). So does the team need Bondra? not necesserly but Hossa does... if you put another scoring threat with Hossa I garantee he will get even better number and will have really good shot at the Richard trophy. If Hossa scores more goals the teams obviously score more goals so Bondra (or another gifted offensive LW) would be a good addition. Spezza might be the solution but I think a LW to play with Hossa is what the Sens need.