Thread: Ryan Hollweg
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
We both saw Hollweg in the same vein and why I am a tad disappointed that he hasn't generated anything.... But it could be that he (and Renney, that's the big one) is so hell bent on hitting and being in the right position for defense all the time that offense is so damn hard to generate for him..Again, even by accident, he should have a point or two...That being said, I still think he can hit those expectations if he gets his game together....

part of the reason for saying that is that we haven't heard a word from Renney about Hollweg's need to generate offense nor any of his mamby-pamby nursing and confidence building that he and the entire Ranger organization is always showing Hossa..Which makes me think, Hollweg is carrying out Renney's orders to a TEE--and his significant ice time at points would reflect this....

And totall agree with you on how valuable a checker and hitter like Hollweg could be when throwing in 8-10 goals...Hoefully, in time..
Part of what concerns me is the lack of production there was in the AHL as well. Even at that level he only 8 goals as a 21/22 year old. In something like 175 pro games he's only managed 12 goals and that just REALLY surprises me. So either it's something about the Rangers system or he's just one of those guys whose scoring really doesn't translate into the NHL level.

More than anythingt I am surprised with both him and Murray. I thought both were potentially guys who could pop in at least 10 or so goals and neither one of them has seemed to be able to score at the pro level (not just NHL).

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote