View Single Post
Old
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Gus has turned into the new Lasse Kukkonen. Everyone complained every time Kukkonen wasn't in the lineup because he was apparently so good defensively and had untapped offensive potential. The Flyers jerked him around for a few years using him as a 6-7th defenseman and eventually waived him when he was 27, in the prime of his career. Nobody picked him up and nobody signed him and he eventually left for the KHL. Was he an NHL player? Maybe. Was he as good as people made him out to be? Obviously not if no other NHL team cared to give him a shot. Is Gus an NHL player? Yeah, probably. Is he better than people make him out to be? I would say, yes. I think he's a 5-6th defenseman and probably won't be much more. He's not good defensively and not good enough offensively to make up for it.

Back to the actual topic of the thread which is Streit, if that guy attempts another spin move at the blueline and coughs up the puck I'm gonna lose my freakin mind.

You are right Gustafsson sucks.... I guess that makes Mez an AHL defender then. Gustafsson should be playing over him EASILY. Mez is getting destroyed out there.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote